The Student is Not Motivated
- Last updated
Save as PDF
An issue might be that the student does not seem motivated. Use the table to find possible solutions.
||How to Verify
|Student is frustrated and overwhelmed by the length of the course
||Observe the student and then conference with them regarding their progress.
- Make modifications according to the student’s IEP (if appropriate).
- Shorten course content by removing activities.
- Enable Pre-testing for all courses except for Language Arts, World Language, and CEE (Pre-testing is recommended over Prescriptive Testing).
- Extend the Target Date to reflect when students will be expected to finish their Edgenuity course(s).
- Offer extrinsic/intrinsic rewards, examples include:
- If a student completes their work ahead of schedule, they can utilize the remainder of the class period for study hall or another activity.
- When a student passes their quiz, their name gets entered in weekly/monthly drawing.
- The student receives a certificate of completion at the end of their course.