Students complete extended essays in the eWriting environment, which is designed to scaffold students through the writing process from pre-writing to the final draft. Below is a list of the resources available in eWriting.
- Prompt provides access to essay guidelines and instructions. Click Read More to expand the prompt, and click Read Less to collapse the prompt.
- Writing Process Tabs allow students to access Pre-Writing, Rough Draft, and Final Draft. During any step of the writing process, students can access any earlier step. For example, the Pre-Writing tab is always available while students are working on Rough Drafts.
- Rubric provides access to the essay rubric so students can see how their work will be graded.
- Checklist offers students a list of things to consider while writing their essay.
- Research provides a basic search function for students to gather information about their topic.