Focus on three things: time, expectations, and encouragement.
- Time: If your student is able to work on Edgenuity courses from home, then make sure your student has scheduled enough time to complete daily assignments at a doable pace. If your student works on Edgenuity courses at school, then encourage your student to schedule time to review his or her printed eNotes before taking assessments.
- Set high expectations: Encourage your student to actively use the Assignment Calendar to track what course work he or she should be completing each day. Setting and achieving daily goals helps keep students motivated and determined to succeed.
- Ask for feedback, and provide encouragement: On a daily basis, check in with your student by asking questions.
- What did you learn today?
- What did you accomplish today?
- What did you find challenging today?
- How did you overcome those challenges?
- How can I help you achieve success?