Frequently Asked Questions
- Does everyone have permission to create an announcement?
This is a new permission. An educator is grandfathered in as a default, but an administrator can adjust the permission if desired. All new educators added will not have this permission, by default.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Manage Announcements" checked under District and School Settings. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Communications tab, select Manage Announcements.
From the homepage, click Manage Announcements.
- Click Add Announcement.
- Checkmark the school(s) which will see the announcement.
- Checkmark the type of user(s) who will see the announcement.
- Set the Start Date and Expiration Date for the announcement.
If the start date is in the future, the audience will not be able to view it until that date arrives.
- Title the announcement.
- Write the announcement text in the open box. Use the toolbar for special formatting such as bullets, italics, bold, underlining, and hyperlinks.
- Click Add Announcement at the bottom.