Frequently Asked Questions
- Does everyone have permission to delete an announcement?
This is a new permission. An educator is grandfathered in as a default, but an administrator can adjust the permission if desired. All new educators added will not have this permission, by default.
- I am a school administrator who has access to multiple schools in my district. Why can't I delete an announcement?
A user with the permission can only control announcements at the school to which s/he has access. If an announcement is created for multiple schools and one of those schools you do not have access to, you would not have the ability to control that announcement. You would only have that ability if you had access to all the schools involved in that announcement.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Manage Announcements" checked under District and School Settings. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Communications tab, select Manage Announcements.
- Select the radio-dial next to the announcement to delete.
- Click Delete.
Once an announcement has been deleted, there is no way to recover it.
- A warning window will ask to confirm the deletion of the announcement. Click OK.