- Under the Communication tab, select Collaboration Corner.
- Click the lock icon . When the mouse hovers over it, Edit Permissions will show.
- Select the Students tab.
- Students need to be added to the Approved Students list on the right. Find the student(s) either by clicking through the list of the students, typing the student's name in the search field, choosing a user group, or choosing from a list of students enrolled in a course.
- To select a student, click on his/her name. The name will appear under the Approved Students list on the right. His/Her name on the left will now become green.
- Once all the students wanted for this discussion have been added, click Continue.
Students will need support getting started with discussion boards. Communicate the expectations on: how frequently students should post, the content that they post, and how they will be awarded credit. Also let them know when a new topic for discussion has been posted, perhaps through email or chat. Many students are used to texting, so having a class discussion regarding posting etiquette prior to the first topic might be helpful.