Frequently Asked Questions
- What is active time?
- Active Time is the time a student spends on an activity up to submission for score. This includes watching videos, answering questions, taking eNotes, reading transcripts, or reviewing the Glossary. Active Time ends when an activity is completed and a score is assigned.
- What is idle time?
- Idle Time is all time that is not Active Time, including time spent reviewing previously completed activities, time in the Organizer, Lobby, or Course Map. See our Release Briefing for the last update to idle time management.
- How long before the session times out for Students?
- Under the Students tab, type the student's name into the search box.
- Click on the student's name once it appears below the search box.
- A gold tab with the student's name will appear with the other tabs. To learn more about the gold tab, click here.
- Under the student's tab, click Session Log.
- Select the time frame to view. Click Submit.
- The log can be printed. Click Print.
- The Session Log will populate if the student has logged in during the time frame stated. View more details here.
- Active time- the time a student spends on an activity up to submission for a score.
- Idle time- time that a student is not actively progressing in a course. This could be time spent reviewing previously completed activities, time in the Organizer, Lobby, or Course Map.
Are students taking World Language courses? Their time spent working on those courses will be captured as active time on both the Session Log and the Attendance Log. However, the total number of activities will not be available on these reports. Log into the Powerspeak class to view that information.
Click here to learn more about Powerspeak.