Administrators can create their own custom categories and use those categories to create any district breaks to the District Calendar. This feature is useful for adding in-service days or any other days that the students are not expected to work on their coursework. First, new categories need to be created. Use this page to do that.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Set District Calendar" checked under District and School Settings. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Click the Add Category under the color key section at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose a color from the drop-down menu. This is the color that will appear on the calendar.
- Enter a description, which will appear as the reason for the color.
- Click Save.
- In the bottom right corner, a confirmation notification shows the category was saved.
- The new category will appear with the other categories.