To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Manage District Educator Default Permissions" checked under District and School Settings. To validate your permissions, click here.
It's important to note that as a security feature, users cannot typically assign permissions to other users that they don't currently have enabled. However, when a user has the permission enabled to manage the district default permissions of other users, they are given access to make changes to any role's default permission, including their own. Please consider this before giving this permission to anyone other than a fellow district administrator.
- Under the Administration tab, select District Settings.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- These are all of the permissions that are currently set as the defaults for the various roles. Use the tabs at the top to view the permissions for each of the roles (teacher, school administrator, district administrator). The teacher role is selected by default.
- Some of the permissions are highlighted in light blue. These are the default permissions that Edgenuity recommends for each role. Toggle the highlighting on or off by clicking the box Show Edgenuity Defaults.
- After selecting the appropriate tab for the role to edit, click Edit at the bottom right of the page to make updates to the default permissions.
- Check or uncheck the boxes next to the permissions.
- A checked permission means new users of that role will automatically have that permission enabled by default.
- An unchecked permission prevents new users of that role from completing those tasks.
- By default, the changes will only affect new users. To affect all users of that role throughout the district, check the box next to Apply these permissions to existing users with this role?
- Save the changes by clicking Save at the bottom right of the page, or click Cancel to discard the updates.
- Navigate to the other role tabs as needed and follow the same steps to update the default permissions.
Updating default permissions is useful at the end of year when cleaning up your accounts, or when new permissions are added to Edgenuity. When new permissions are added to Edgenuity, we recommend that you update the defaults as needed, but do not update all users of those roles. You could potentially overwrite customized permissions for your users. Instead, use the Manage Educators Beta page and select multiple educators to update permissions.