Use this page to give a gold-level writing assignment a score and provide feedback.
- This is the Scoring and Feedback page for a student's gold-level writing response.
- Click the arrow of Stimulus. This will show the passage the student read.
- Click the arrow of Question. This will show the essay question.
- Click the arrow of Sample Answer. This will show an example response.
- Click the arrow of Student's Answer. This will show the student's response.
- Under Rubric, is an interactive rubric where a teacher can indicate the level of mastery by clicking the corresponding boxes for each criteria listed.
- Under the rubric there is a grading switch. Leave it at Needs Revision if the student is required to edit the response or switch it to Pass when the student has submitted a successful response.
When the switch is set to Pass, students can move on to the next writing item or topic in UpSmart. They will be able to view the rubric results and any feedback provided before moving on in UpSmart.
- In the space under Feedback, provide written feedback to the students as desired. This is especially helpful if the student is required to edit the essay response.
- When the grading is completed, click Submit.