Within the gold level of the ELA programs, students will submit written responses that must be graded by a teacher. Every gold-level skill will have 5 available writing tasks, and students are required to successfully pass 3 of them to master that skill.
It's important to note that some gold levels may include more than one skill. In these topics, students are still required to successfully pass 3 writing items for each skill. Grading alerts appear under the Grading column of the Program Progress report for the class.
- Under the UpSmart tab, select Program Progress.
- Use the filters to narrow down the data.
- An alert shows under the Grading column with the number of items needing to be graded in a red box.
- Click the arrow of the topic to view the students who submitted essay responses.
- For each student, click the grading icon to access the Scoring and Feedback view.
What does the Details box entail? It lists the skills students should achieve at each level.