Assigning a teacher to a course is ideal because a teacher can filter the Manage Enrollments page by only courses to which s/he has been linked. S/He will then find all of their own enrollments to manage and review. This works best when schools set up sections for each specific teacher. It’s different than filtering by user group, because with user groups, a teacher would see all courses assigned to students in the group, not just courses s/he is responsible for managing.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Assign Teachers to Courses" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Courses.
- Find the course with the filters or the search bar.
Looking for a specific type of course? Here are some tips:
- Courseware: Under Series, select either 1000, 2000, or 3000. (Most updated courses are 3000-series courses). Then, select a Subject.
- Advanced Placement (AP): Under Series, select AP.
- Purpose Prep Courses: Under Series, select Purpose Prep SEL.
- Purpose Prep Modules: Under Series, select Purpose Prep SEL Modules.
- Powerspeak (AP Courses): Under Series, select World Language.
- World Language: Under Series, select World Language LMS.
- Virtual Tutors (VT): Under Series, select VT.
- eDynamic Learning: Under Series, select eDynamic Learning Electives.
- MyPath: Under Series, select ILP.
- MyPath Placement Exam: Under Series, select Placement Exam.
- Honors: Under Series, select Honors.
- Career Electives: Under Series, select Career Electives.
- Career Pathways: Under Series, select Career Pathways.
- Fitness Courses: Under Series, select Fitness.
- Checkmark the box next to the course name. Select Assign Teachers.
- Select Add Teacher.
- Use the search bar to find the teacher(s). Click the magnifying glass icon .
- Checkmark the box next to the teacher(s) wa to assign to the course. Select Assign.
- Click OK.
The screen will not have a list of the teacher(s) just selected, but they have been assigned to the course.