Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the exam-only course only assess students on the customized version of the course?
Yes. When the exam is created, the system will include items from any item banks that are included in the course that was selected. Any lessons customized out entirely will not be included in the exam item bank. Also remember that the exam-only course will have only one activity - the exam - which will include 50 questions randomly selected from the item bank.
- Are there any courses where the Exam-only feature is not supported?
World Languages, eDynamic Learning Electives, and Sophia Dual Credit courses do not have the exam-only option.
Educators have the ability to create customized exams that can be used to assess specific content within an Edgenuity course. Beginning with a customized course, the exam-only course automatically removes all coursework and contains one exam that will assess students over only the content that was included in the customized version of the course.
This is different than starting with the base course and customizing everything out but the exams. When doing a customization this way, the exams will include questions from all lessons. The exam-only course will respect the customizations and exclude customized content from the assessment.
Exam-only courses follow the same logic and functionality of all other exams; that is, they contain 50 questions selected at random from the item bank. These courses can be created and assigned at any time.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Create Custom Courses" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Courses.
- Find the course with the filters or the search bar.
- Checkmark the box next to the course(s) name. Under More click Create Exam-Only Course.
- To confirm creation of the course, click Create.
- A confirmation window states the exam-only course is being processed. Click OK.