Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the URL included in a teacher-authored activity by changed after enrollments are added or can documents be added to the project (activity)?
Yes, however there are some things to keep in mind for this:
- If teachers want to affect current enrollments, they should click the option to Modify Course and In-Flight Enrollments for the Customize option
- Links and docs can be added, edited, or deleted even after enrollments are added to a course
- Activities that contain links or docs can only be modified by the user who created the activity
- Link or doc updates affect all student enrollments where the activity hasn't been started yet
- Link or doc updates will NOT affect students who have previously started the activity, or students who have already submitted the activity for a grade
- Resetting the assignment will update the activity and bring in any changes to the links or docs
- Link or doc updates affect all other customized courses that contain that same activity
- Schools have to have the links included in their whitelist if they have any content filters blocking URLs on campus
Follow these steps to learn how to add a project to a lesson in a customized course.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Create Custom Courses" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Locate the lesson where the project will be included. Click Add Activity.
- Select Project.
- Click Create New Activity.
- Enter the required information for the project. Attach student resources, if desired.
- When done, click Save.
- The new project will appear as the first activity in that lesson. If located in the wrong place, move it.
- The person icon shows the author of the activity.
- The pencil icon shows if the person customizing is the original author of the activity.
- The trash icon will delete the activity from the lesson. It can still be used in another lesson because it will now be part of the author's personal library of resources.