Passing thresholds, also referred to as assessment thresholds, are used to determine the minimum score students need to earn on the assessment in order to receive credit and move on in the course work. When the threshold is met or exceeded, the score is counted towards the overall grade for your student’s course and the student can progress without teacher intervention. The thresholds are set to 70% by default. Educators can adjust these thresholds however they see fit.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Course Options" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Courses.
- Find the course with the filters or the search bar.
- Checkmark the course(s). Click Edit Course Options.
- By default, the passing thresholds for quizzes, tests, and exams are 70%. Change them, if desired.
- Click Submit.
- A notification window will ask which students should be affected by these changes. Select a choice. Click Submit.
- At the top of the page, a confirmation states the changes were made successfully.