Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I still see alerts on the Dashboard for Teacher Review if Free Movement is enabled?
- No. You will need to search the student's gradebook for the assessment to unlock, or you can disable Teacher Review to prevent students from getting stopped. The Dashboard tracks the student's current assignment on the gradebook and will send an alert to the teacher when an assessment needs to be unlocked. However, since Free Movement allows the student to freely move in the course structure, gradebook tracking is disabled.
- Are students allowed to jump around in the course, or are they always forced to complete work in sequential order?
- There is an option called "Free Movement" that allows students to work on any activity in the course. The contents within the activity must still be completed in sequential order the first time through, but they can navigate to any lesson or activity in the course at any time.
- Once enabled, how would a student navigate to other activities in his/her course?
From the Course Map, a student would select the activity s/he wants to complete.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Course Options" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Courses.
- Find the course with the filters or the search bar.
Looking for a specific type of course? Here are some tips:
- Courseware: Under Series, select either 1000, 2000, or 3000. (Most updated courses are 3000-series courses). Then, select a Subject.
- Advanced Placement (AP): Under Series, select AP.
- Purpose Prep Courses: Under Series, select Purpose Prep SEL.
- Purpose Prep Modules: Under Series, select Purpose Prep SEL Modules.
- Powerspeak (AP Courses): Under Series, select World Language.
- World Language: Under Series, select World Language LMS.
- Virtual Tutors (VT): Under Series, select VT.
- eDynamic Learning: Under Series, select eDynamic Learning Electives.
- MyPath: Under Series, select ILP.
- MyPath Placement Exam: Under Series, select Placement Exam.
- Honors: Under Series, select Honors.
- Career Electives: Under Series, select Career Electives.
- Career Pathways: Under Series, select Career Pathways.
- Fitness Courses: Under Series, select Fitness.
- Checkmark the course(s). Click Edit Course Options.
- Scroll down to the Free Movement section. To allow students to move freely through the course, checkmark the box.
- Click Submit.
- A notification window will ask which students should be affected by these changes. Select a choice. Click Submit.
- At the top of the page, a confirmation states the changes were made successfully.