Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the three required fields for creating an educator's account?
- The only required information is the user’s first name, last name, and password. Everything else is optional. The username will be generated automatically using the first three letters of the first name and the first five letters of the last name. We encourage the use of an email address so the user can recover their own password if they forget it in the future.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Add Educators" checked under Educator Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
- Find the student with the last name filters, dropdowns, or use the magnifying glass icon at the top of each column to filter the list of students.
- Click Add Educator.
- Enter the educator’s first name, last name, username, and password.
- The permissions section will default to standard educator permissions. Modifying the permissions to suit the access needs of the individual user can be done. A reminder of each permission can be found here.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add Educator.
- A confirmation page shows the educator has been added successfully. To exit, choose either Add Another educator or go Back to Home.