There may be times where you want to remove student access to courses. This is also known as archiving or disabling enrollments and it is a simple task when you want to target multiple enrollments at the same time. There are a number of reasons you may want to disable multiple enrollments:
- Students were assigned to a course in error
- You may want to lighten their course load
- Students transferred out of your district
- You want to archive student courses that haven't had activity in a specified timeframe
- Students have graduated and you no longer want those enrollments to affect your reporting data
Whatever your reasoning, it is important to maintain accurate reporting data so you can quickly identify students who need additional support. Changing the status of the enrollments to “disabled” allows you to focus on students actively working on their coursework. At the same time, disabling enrollments removes student access to the course(s). Disabled or archived enrollments are placed in the Archived Courses list should you ever want to enable them again.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Disable Enrollment" checked under Student Enrollments. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Enrollments.
- Click the Filters button.
- Add or remove filters to manage specific enrollments. Select Apply.
- Checkmark all the students needing to be archived from the course.
- Click Disable.
- Ensure the number of student's being disabled is correct. Click Disable.
- A confirmation screen will confirm the student's course(s) was disabled. Click OK.