Frequently Asked Questions
- If students translate text on screen, can they also use the text-to-speech tool to listen to the translated text?
Yes, if students have both the translation tool and the text-to-speech tool enabled, they can use both of them for any text on screen.
- How many languages are supported by the text-to-speech translation tool?
If students translate text into Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish, they can hear the translation read aloud in that language. The tool also supports read-aloud in English.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Students" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students Beta.
- Locate the students who will have access to the translation tool. If user groups have been set up, select all students in a group by using the Groups filter.
- Check the box on the left next to each student's name, or select all by clicking the check box at the top of the column.
- From the Update Student Options dropdown, select Text-To-Speech.
- Click the radio button next to Disable Text-to-Speech, then click Save.
- A confirmation screen will appear, then click OK.
- Users with the permission "View Bulk Action History" can check the status of disabling the text-to-speech tool on the Action History tab.