Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens when I promote all my seniors to the next grade level?
When 12th grade students are promoted, the new grade level will display as Adult Learner.
- What happens when I promote my students to the next grade level, and some of them didn't have a grade level specified?
If a grade level isn't assigned when you promote your students, then they will be promoted to Adult Learners. The grade level will display as "None" if there isn't a grade level currently assigned to a student.
Maintaining the grade levels of the students will allow for more accurate data and reporting. Educators have the ability to assign a specific grade level to students and to also promote groups of students to the next grade level.
For educators promoting students:To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Students" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.For administrators promoting all students in the district:To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Access to All Schools in District" and "See All Courses and All Students" checked under Educator Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
If your school or district follows a more traditional school year calendar, we recommend updating grade levels of all your students at the end of the year. Check out our semester and yearly data clean-up guide for additional information on this and other recommendations for maintaining your data.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students Beta.
- Locate the students whose grade levels will change. If user groups had previously been set up, select all students in a group by using the Groups filter.
- Check the box on the left next to each student's name or check the box at the top of the column to select all students.
- On the Change Grade Level dropdown, click Promote to Next Grade.
- On the notification page, click Promote.
- A confirmation page states the students have been submitted for processing. Click OK.