Frequently Asked Questions
- As an administrator, will I be able to see when an educator impersonates a student?
- Yes. The Recent Actions report contains all of the information regarding the educator account used to impersonate the student account.
At times, you may have a need to log in as one of your students. While this is not advisable in most cases, you may need to validate an issue reported by your student.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have the "Impersonate Student" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
To use the Impersonate feature for a student, please be aware of the following:
- Any actions taken while impersonating a student will be logged against that student's account. Please exercise caution and responsibility when using this feature.
- If the student is currently logged into their account, you will be warned that they are in an active session. If you continue, the student will be logged off from their active session and may not be able to save their progress.
- If you impersonate a student when you are using Secure Station or IP Registry, you may be directed to authenticate your computer if it’s not already approved. Contact your Administrator for access to your machine.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
- Find the student with the last name filters, dropdowns, or use the magnifying glass icon at the top of each column to filter the list of students.
- Click the dropdown arrow on the asterisks icon and select Impersonate.
- If the student is not currently logged in, click Continue.
If the student is currently logged into Edgenuity, a warning will appear that the student has an active session. Advise the student to save any work before clicking Continue.
- The educator will now be logged in as the student and will see a warning throughout at the top of the screen indicating that he/she is impersonating the student.To go back, click the red End Impersonation Session button. Do not click the back button on the browser.