By default, all students are active when they are created in the Edgenuity system. However, there are times when a student may have been archived and will need to be re-enabled. Archiving a student from the active roster moves the student to the Archived Students list and disables the account. Archived students are no longer able to access their courses in the Virtual Classroom, but their status can always be changed back to active/enrolled if they return to the Edgenuity program.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Activate Student" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
- Click the Archived tab.
- Find the student with the last name filters, dropdowns, or use the magnifying glass icon at the top of each column to filter the list of students.
- Click the Activate icon in the action bar.
- A warning box will appear for you to confirm you want to enable the student. Click Yes.
- A notification on the bottom right of the page will inform you that the student's account has been enabled.
If a student is selected, on the Update Student page, the student's status can be changed.