Frequently Asked Questions
- If students translate text on screen, can they also use the text-to-speech tool to listen to the translated text?
Yes, if students have both the translation tool and the text-to-speech tool enabled, they can use both of them for any text on screen.
- How many languages are supported by the text-to-speech translation tool?
If students translate text into Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish, they can hear the translation read aloud in that language. The tool also supports read-aloud in English.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Students" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
- Find the student with the last name filters, dropdowns, or use the magnifying glass icon at the top of each column to filter the list of students.
- Select the Update icon for the student's account.
- Scroll down to the User Options box and un-check Enable Text-to-Speech.
- At the bottom of the page, push Update Student.
- A notification shows the changes have been updated successfully.