Frequently Asked Questions
- If students translate text on screen, can they also use the text-to-speech tool to listen to the translated text?
Yes, if students have both the translation tool and the text-to-speech tool enabled, they can use both of them for any text on screen for some supported languages. The languages that can be read-aloud are: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Arabic.
- Which languages do we support with our translation tool?
We currently translate English text into Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bosnian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino (Tagalog), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kazakh, Korean, Kurdish, Lao, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Maori, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Shona, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, and Yoruba.
- Does the text translation tool work on eDynamic Learning courses?
It does not.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Students" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
- Find the student with the last name filters, dropdowns, or use the magnifying glass icon at the top of each column to filter the list of students.
- Select the Update icon for the student's account.
- Scroll down to the User Options box and checkmark Enable Text Translation. For a list of the languages to which Edgenuity can translate, click here.
- At the bottom of the page, push Update Student.
- A notification shows the changes have been updated successfully.
- Click here to show a student how to translate the text in another language.