Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can't I see my student's password?
- Edgenuity has signed the Student Privacy Pledge developed by the Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) and the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA). The provisions require us to add security that protect student data from unauthorized third parties. One of the ways unauthorized parties can gain access to student data is by stealing user account information, logging into an account, and viewing student data. To make it harder to do this, passwords are encrypted and hidden within Edgenuity. Encrypting a password means converting it from plain (readable) text to unreadable text. Storing and transmitting passwords in an encrypted form makes them unusable to anybody who intercepts them. Because of these security measures, you will not be able to view any passwords within Edgenuity.
- Can I export all of my student passwords?
- No, protecting student privacy and data is one of our utmost concerns concerns at Edgenuity. Therefore, we encrypt all passwords to protect student data from unauthorized third parties. See the previous FAQ above for additional information.
Use this page to change the password of a student.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have the "Change Student Passwords" checked under Educator Permissions. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students Beta.
- Click the Filters button.
- Add or remove filters to manage specific students. To find out about each filter, click here.
- Select Apply.
- Checkmark next to the student's name.
- Under the More dropdown, select the Account Security dropdown. Then select Change Student Password.
- Change the student's password. Enter it twice.
- Click Change Password.
- A notification window will show the password was changed. Click OK.