Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I see "No Email Address" in the Account Security menu?
- If you do not add a personal, external email address to your student's account in Edgenuity, you will not be able to send the student a password reset email. This post will explain how to add an email address to your student's account.
- I clicked the link for my student to get the password reset email, but why can't the student reset his Edgenuity password?
- First, ensure that the student received the email. Sometimes you may find Edgenuity emails in your spam or junk folder, so be sure to allow emails from ‘email@example.com’. If the email was received and the student still cannot reset his password, it's most likely the time has expired for the reset. Students only have 3 hours from the time the email is sent to reset the password. There is an enforced time limit for resetting passwords to protect your student accounts from unauthorized access.
- I do not want my students to be able to set their own passwords. How can we prevent this?
- If you do not enter an external email address to your student accounts, they won’t be able to initiate their own password reset, and they cannot receive a password reset email initiated by you or another educator.
- If you need to reset the password, you can create a temporary password and log in as that student with that temporary password. You will immediately be prompted to create a new password. Be sure to provide the student with the new password you entered so they can continue working in Edgenuity. Additionally, you can change a student's password if you have the permission to do so.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have the "Can Send Students Reset Password Email" checked under Educator Permissions. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
- Find the student with the last name filters, dropdowns, or use the magnifying glass icon at the top of each column to filter the list of students.
- Click the dropdown arrow on the asterisks icon and select Send Password Reset Email.
If "No Email Address" is listed instead of "Send Password Reset Email", add an email address to the student's account instead.
- On the confirmation screen, click Send Password Reset Email.
- A notification on the bottom right of the page shows the forgotten password email has been sent.
There are minimum requirements for student passwords:
- Character limit is between 1 and 50
- Any standard character is acceptable, except < or >
- Case sensitivity is not enforced at this time