Need to set the prescriptive testing option for a course? Click here to learn how.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
- Find the student with the last name filters, dropdowns, or use the magnifying glass icon at the top of each column to filter the list of students.
- Click the Courses icon of the student.
- Select the radio button next to the course.
- Click Diagnostic Test.
- The test results are displayed and color coded.
- Lessons in blue remain in the course. Students are assigned these lessons and must complete the lesson activities.
- Lessons in green with a check mark are removed from the course because the student has successfully answered the related question on the diagnostic test. Students are not required to take these lessons and will not have access to them either. They are completely customized out of the course.
If an educator feels the student has not yet mastered this content, or perhaps maybe guessed the correct answer, he/she can customize this course and add a lesson(s) back so the student must complete the activities. When done, the lesson will automatically update on this report from green text to blue text.
The same is true if a student is assigned a specific lesson and the educator feels he/she has already mastered the content. Simply remove the lesson from the course, in which case the lesson will change from blue text to green text.
This report will update with any customizations that are applied to the course, even after the diagnostic test has been submitted.