Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens when I promote all my seniors to the next grade level?
When 12th grade students are promoted, the new grade level will display as Adult Learner.
- What happens when I promote my students to the next grade level, and some of them didn't have a grade level specified?
If a grade level isn't assigned when you promote your students, then they will be promoted to Adult Learners. The grade level will display as "None" if there isn't a grade level currently assigned to a student.
Maintaining the grade levels of the students will allow for more accurate data and reporting.
For educators promoting students:To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Students" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.For administrators promoting all students in the district:To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Access to All Schools in District" and "See All Courses and All Students" checked under Educator Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
If your school or district follows a more traditional school year calendar, we recommend updating grade levels of all your students at the end of the year. Check out our semester and yearly data clean-up guide for additional information on this and other recommendations for maintaining your data.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
Click the Manage Students button from the homepage.
- Click the Filters button.
- Add or remove filters to manage specific students. To find out about each filter, click here.
- Select Apply.
- Check the box on the left next to each student's name, or select all by clicking the check box at the top of the column.
- Under Change Grade Level, select Promote to Next Grade.
- Confirm the students should be promoted. Then click Promote.
- The change was made successfully. Click OK.