Frequently Asked Questions
- If students translate text on screen, can they also use the text-to-speech tool to listen to the translated text?
Yes, if students have both the translation tool and the text-to-speech tool enabled, they can use both of them for any text on screen.
- How many languages are supported by the text-to-speech translation tool?
If students translate text into Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish, they can hear the translation read aloud in that language. The tool also supports read-aloud in English.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Students" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
Click the Manage Students button from the homepage.
- Click the Filters button.
- Add or remove filters to manage specific students. To find out about each filter, click here.
- Select Apply.
- Check the box on the left next to each student's name, or select all by clicking the check box at the top of the column.
- Under Update Student Options, click Text-to-Speech.
- Select the radio button to Enable or Disable Text-to-Speech for the students.
- Click Save.
- A confirmation screen will show the change was made successfully. Click OK.
If Disabled was selected, then the confirmation page will say "Disabled."