Frequently Asked Questions
- If students translate text on screen, can they also use the text-to-speech tool to listen to the translated text?
Yes, if students have both the translation tool and the text-to-speech tool enabled, they can use both of them for any text on screen.
- Which languages do we support with our translation tool?
We currently translate English text into Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bosnian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino (Tagalog), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kazakh, Korean, Kurdish, Lao, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Maori, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Shona, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, and Yoruba.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Students" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, type the student's name in the search bar.
- Click the student's name once it appears below the search box.
- The student's name will emerge to the left of the other tabs.
- Under the student's name tab, click the option with the student's name, username, and ID.
- Scroll to the User Options section.
- Uncheck the Text Translation box.
- Click Update Student.