School access allows for a student to be enrolled in one Home School with additional access to other schools. Use cases for additional school access could include, a student attending summer school at a different site, going to another school for a specific class, or a student transfers schools. For students who transfer, the home school would change, but a school would allow additional access to old school until the student completes their course enrollment(s).
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Edit Students" and "Manage School Access" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, type the student's name in the search bar.
- Click the student's name once it appears below the search box.
- The student's name will emerge to the left of the other tabs.
- Under the student's name tab, click the option with the student's name, username, and ID.
- Scroll to the School Access section.
- Alter the Home School by selecting a radio button. Allow student's access to other schools by checking the box.
There can only be one Home School for each student, but students can be accessed by other schools in the district by selecting the appropriate checkboxes in the Allow Access column.
- Click Update Student at the bottom of the page.
- A notification shows that the student's account has been edited successfully.