To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Create Custom Courses" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Courses.
- Click View previous Manage Courses page.
- At the bottom of the screen, under the Select by series drop-down, select World Language.
- Select the radio-dial of the course to customize.
- Click Customize.
- Click Create a new course based on this course.
Powerspeak courses automatically lock up after a calendar year of the first enrollment. If students are put into a course much later than the first enrollment, they will not have sufficient time to finish. Each year or semester, create new versions of the course so the lock out date is appropriate.
If the course selected is already customized, the customizations will NOT copy over. A brand new based version of that World Language course is being created.
- Click the pencil icon to change the name of the course.
- Rename the course. It is recommended using the semester and year in the name so it can easily be distinguished from older versions when enrolling students. Then click Save.
- Click Publish.
- Confirm that the course should be made available for enrollment. Click Publish.
- To confirm the grade weight categories click Check Course Options.
- Adjust the grade weights, if needed. Make sure it totals 100%. Click Submit.
- Make any additional Course Option adjustments. Click here to review the options.
- Click Submit All Changes.